Sunday, December 8, 2013

Revving Up My Own Mojo

There are moments when my Mojo is through the roof, and others....well, not so much.

Of course that makes me human, but with extra baby weight and waking up with Sesame Street songs in my head, I decided this might be a good time to change things up a bit.

A while back, Groupon offered a deal that was just too good for me to pass up.  I signed up to take Aerial Silks classes.  Twenty of them.

Knowing I'm completely out of shape, and have very little upper body strength, I kept putting off my first class.  As the expiration date loomed closer, I decided it was now or never.

So I made it to the dance studio for my first Aerial Silks class. 

I was so far out of me league, it was ridiculous. 

If I didn't feel enough like a clown, there was an 8 month pregnant woman doing this...


I have no idea how long it takes to get to that point, but I looked more like this...


But not even as elaborate as that.

By the end of the class, I questioned whether or not I would go again.  That is...until I tasted a bit of success with a couple of poses.  Thinking it through...I decided I'll try it again.  Three or so sessions to get an idea if I have any hope of swinging from the rafters or if I need to keep my happy behind on the ground. 

Either way....trying something new, putting myself out there helps inject a little Mojo Magic for this mommy.